Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Holy horoscope!

So, today i met with my color photo 1 professor Sergio, and he suggested that i join the peace corps after graduation. It's definitely something i've thought about, and he seems to think that it would look great on my resume and that i'd have lots of amazing pictures that would land me a decent job. Basically, i spent the whole way home thinking about what i'm going to do after graduation...the summer...and even after that, which at the moment, is a huge mystery. I'm having a hard time thinking about leaving Ishmael to pursue...life...i guess. I feel like at this point, i'd be lost without him there to listen to every mundane detail of my life, to give me advice, and most of all, love. I know he wants me to move on to bigger and better things, and deep down inside i know that i want bigger and better things too- it's just unbelievably hard for me to think about what my life would be like without sleeping next to him every night. Anyway, I stopped in at the gas station at Hopewell Junction and picked up a 25 cent copy of the Daily News. I'm not sure whether or not i really believe the shit they put in horoscopes, but today, seriously, it's dead on, and frankly i'm a little creeped out by it:


Virgo
"New energy surrounds your career, Virgo, and it's progressive and positive. Life is made up of priorities. Although love is also asking for attention, it seems like there are certain opportunities at work now that need to be followed through. Take the reins, and be proactive and productive in making your dreams come true."


I'm still not sure what's going to happen. I definitely want to have the most relaxing summer ever though. I want BBQs, vacations, picnics, road trips, Yankees games, nights on the town...i want to do everything with Ishmael that we said we were going to do and never did. I want to save up money for a digital camera and possibly a new computer, and i want to set one day a week aside to hang out with my mom and another to help my grandfather out in his garden. One day i'd like to have a garden of my own, or maybe a horse farm. I want to raise my children here. Wherever i end up i know i'm going to miss home, i've grown to love upstate NY more than i thought i ever could. I wish there were more oppotunities here, that's all. My life would be perfect if there were. And i know that wherever i end up, i'm always going to come back here. To visit my parents, to take in the mountains, the river, the grass, the back roads. Bleh, i'm torn. I can only see myself as being miserable living in a city full of buildings, pollution and tourists. I really don't like not having a plan. 16 days till graduation and i'm on my own. No more senior project, no more Lisa Keller or Dispatch, no more driving back and forth, no more homework, papers or projects, no more roommates or filthy Alumni Village apartment, no more parking tickets or piss poor library, no more annoying hipsters or people yelling outside my room keeping me from sleep...i'm so ready to leave, but at the same time...not. So thank you astrologer Jennifer Angel for clearing things up for me and making my day (and life) a little less anxiety-ridden...i think.

No comments: