Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Rainy day woman #2.

Today is the second gloomy, cold, drizzly day in a row. Perfect because The Inde hasn't given me any assignments in about a week and i can drink tomato soup and take naps at my own leisure, and not so perfect because i'm not making money. I could go strip frames for a couple hours, i'm just not feeling ambitious enough for that. On the up and up, i landed a job with Leo Fortuna Gallery on Warren St. in Hudson. My boss Adi is great, but i'm only getting $8 an hour because it's an "internship" and because he's running on a low budget- it's a brand new gallery. Sitting at a computer for hours on end each weekend can be pretty awful, but i'm learning a lot about: how galleries operate, various contemporary artists, strawberry banana smoothies from Nolita, etc. Basically, i've become really great friends with Adi's pit bull, Flower. Our next opening, "Wonderland," will be September 8th at 6 p.m. We'll be featuring mixed-media works by Roy Bautista, Natalia Porter and Ami Suma. Shameless plugging? Course it is! Come and buy some amazing art!
Lake George was great. Now that i'm older and probably more cynical, i've realized that EVERYTHING in Lake George costs money. Probably more than most of it is worth. Nonetheless, it's good to get away for a while and drink beers on boats. Two of my favorite things in one sweet little package. I posted the pics from my dad's camera on Facebook, but i have yet to deal with the ones i took on Ish's camera, so there are still more to come!
My birthday is actually coming up soon too. 22 here i come, woo. Feel free to give me either of these signed Daniel Johnston prints as a gift:

http://www.hihowareyou.com/ I would love you forever.
Aside from my birthday i'm excited about:
1. Heather's bridal shower, Sat. Aug. 25- my oldest friend, my first ever bridal shower.
2. Jonestown, Sat. Aug. 25- the first in a really really really ridiculously long like probably 10 years time. Beer, BBQ, jams, and drunken townies galore <3.
3. Yankees vs. Red Sox, Thurs. Aug. 30- my third game of the season, my second Yanks/Red Sox game ever. Buck Foston.
4. Columbia County Fair, Sun. Sept. 2- BIRTHADY CELEBRATION WITH BACON BROTHERS MOTHER FUCKERS!
5. Of Montreal at the Roseland Ballroom, Sat. Oct. 13- Me+Lauren+Of Montreal= parrrtayyy.

As for pictures, the only thing i've been taking as of late have been newspaper pics and pics of antiques. I'm guessing you'd rather look at the newspaper ones, huh?



I obviously didn't take this one, but i did ride in a motorized parachute while Kate was here. I went to take pics of Diane Valden flying with the crazy Mr. Fox for a story, and then they asked me if i wanted to go for a ride! We flew over my house and my dad came out on the porch, shirtless, and waved to us.

Here i am high up in the sky, above the treetops.


Oh yeah, i also got a weekend-long press pass to Falcon Ridge! Here's a night shot i took. Wasn't published, but i think it's pretty cool.




Alright, these last two made the front page. Also, i got to go to the courthouse last week and take pictures of a murderer! They put it on the front page too, but i don't think i want to put it up. Mainly because i don't want to die. Think i might be sending my dog wedding piece into Chronogram, but i'll keep all you thousands of readers/fans updated. I think it'd be nice to work for them... maybe when i have more free time. Haaah. Cheers.

No comments: